You are not logged in

Need a solid solution to safety glasses fogging up

Last post 10-15-2012, 9:17 PM by Xabe. 5 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  04-12-2012, 1:30 PM 4256

anieto is not online. Last active: 04-12-2012, 2:41 PM anieto

Not Ranked

Joined on 04-12-2012

Posts 1

• Need a solid solution to safety glasses fogging up

My company does refits, repair, and maintenance of industrial boilers at paper mills, and electric generation stations.  The inside of the boilers, even when shut-down are high temp, high humidity environments, and to make matters worse, our work generates an incredible amount of flying particles, ash, dust, and debris.  The largest single first aid issue is removing foreign objects from eyes.  We have mandated the use of spoggles for anyone working in these areas, but they fog up after a short period of time.  The workers remove their glasses, tear out the foam around the glasses, or otherwise alter them to the point their eyes are no longer protected.  I've tried many different brands of glasses and anti-fog solutions, but we still have the problem.  Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated.
  •  05-04-2012, 3:17 PM 4264 in reply to 4256

mikecj is not online. Last active: 06-07-2012, 5:13 PM mikecj

Top 10 Contributor

Joined on 08-04-2007

Posts 276

• Re: Need a solid solution to safety glasses fogging up

anieto,

Two solutions that have worked in the past. A very thin layer of vaseline or dishwashing detergent. Let it dry.

•  05-14-2012, 12:53 AM 4266 in reply to 4256

alonzomerrill is not online. Last active: 05-25-2012, 7:27 AM alonzomerrill

Top 200 Contributor

Joined on 05-14-2012

New York

Posts 5

You will to buy best quality safety glasses which can helps in this problem and you can change all glasses after some times. You need to wash your glasses in every three hours to keep clean. Use liquid to wash your glasses but it must be specific for only safety glasses.

warehouse safety signs
  •  05-14-2012, 3:56 PM 4269 in reply to 4256

RonRoss is not online. Last active: 05-21-2012, 11:30 AM RonRoss

Top 200 Contributor

Joined on 02-17-2012

Posts 5

Have you ever seen the stainless steel Mesh glasses?   They are a very small fine mesh, that can not fog up, but so small they are Z87 classified and still protect your eyes from foreign matter.    There are a couple of kinds made.  The type I got was from overseas, a bit more than I'd like to pay for them, but were very nice change from all the anti-fog glasses that still fog'd up. 
  •  05-25-2012, 7:18 AM 4280 in reply to 4269

alonzomerrill is not online. Last active: 05-25-2012, 7:27 AM alonzomerrill

Top 200 Contributor

Joined on 05-14-2012

New York

Posts 5

RonRoss:
    Have you ever seen the stainless steel Mesh glasses?   They are a very small fine mesh, that can not fog up, but so small they are Z87 classified and still protect your eyes from foreign matter.    There are a couple of kinds made.  The type I got was from overseas, a bit more than I'd like to pay for them, but were very nice change from all the anti-fog glasses that still fog'd up. 

I prefer to use only safety glasses buy i have no idea about stainless steel Mesh glasses. Can you give more explanation for this steel mesh glasses and let me know all benefits of this glasses. 

warehouse safety signs
  •  10-15-2012, 9:17 PM 4332 in reply to 4280

Xabe is not online. Last active: 10-18-2012, 7:07 PM Xabe

Not Ranked

Joined on 10-16-2012

Posts 1

Hi, not sure if you have all of your answers yet?  I wanted to recommend a product cal defog-it and we sell lots of different frames for prescription and sunwear on our site for safety plus the defog it is under out accessories tab.....  check it out hope it helps and let us know if you have any questions....

www.xabeoptics.com

Use of this site constitutes your agreement to the terms and condition specified in the Safety.BLR.com Forum Agreement